Cancers are the third leading cause of death among Filipinos. The top10 forms of cancer in the country are:
- Breast cancer
- Lung cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Liver cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Thyroid cancer
- Stomach cancer
The 10 leading sites comprise 73% of all new cancer cases in the country.
Cancer is a disease in which abnormal cells grow out of control. Cancer can develop anywhere in the body and is named for the part of the body where it started.
There are two main categories of cancer:
- Hematologic or blood cancers are cancers of the blood cells; these include leukemia, lymphoma, and multiple myeloma.
- Solid tumor cancers are cancers of any of the other body organs or tissues. The most common solid tumors are breast, prostate, lung, and colorectal cancers.
Lower your cancer risk
At least one-third of all cancer cases are preventable. Here are steps you can take to lower your risk for cancer:
- If you smoke, quit.
- Drink alcohol moderately.
- Get 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity every week.
- Eat a diet rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains; limit red and processed meat.
- Have regular cancer screening exams. Screening can help detect cancer in its early stages when the chance of successful treatment is higher.
Consult your doctor for more information on cancer prevention and screening.
Shop at Watsons for your vitamins, supplements, prescription medications, and other essential healthcare needs.
Herbal Plus Liquid Food Supplement 1000 ml
Acai Juice Supplement 946ml
Vitamin D3 400 IU 100 tablets
500mg Capsule 60s with FREE NLI Ascorbic Acid + Zinc 100s
References: https://doh.gov.ph/Statistics/Leading-Causes-of-Mortality. Accessed 12 July 2022 https://www.philcancer.org.ph/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/2015-PCS-Ca-Facts-Estimates_CAN090516.pdf. Accessed 12 July 2022 https://www.iup.edu/health-wellness/campaigns/cancer--awareness.html. Accessed 12 July 2022 https://www.cancer.org/treatment/understanding-your-diagnosis/what-is-cancer.html. Accessed 12 July 2022