Strychnine exposure is very risky for your body. It is a white, crystalline, acrid substance that can be ingested orally, inhaled, or combined with a solution and administered intravenously. Strychnine is a potent poison that can have serious consequences on humans, even in small doses. Death is one of the extremely dangerous negative health outcomes of strychnine poisoning.
The plant Strychnos nux-vomica is the main source of strychnine in nature. Australia and southern Asia are also home to this plant. Strychnine was once available as a pill and was used to cure a variety of human illnesses. Strychnine is mainly employed as a pesticide today, especially to kill rats. It seldom co-occurs with “street” narcotics like heroin, LSD, and cocaine.