Potassium cyanide poisoning is a result of exposure to potassium cyanide, which is hazardous to human health because it produces hydrogen cyanide gas, a very deadly chemical asphyxiant that interferes with the body’s capacity to utilize oxygen. Exposure may be quickly lethal. Potassium cyanide is a chemical compound with the formula KCN. This sugar-like-looking, colorless, crystalline salt is extremely soluble in water and has a high level of toxicity. The main applications for KCN are in organic synthesis, electroplating, and gold mining. Smaller uses include chemical polishing and gilding for jewelry.
Moreover, due to hydrolysis, the wet solid releases trace quantities of hydrogen cyanide, which has a possible almond-bitter odor. But not everyone has the capacity to smell cyanide; it is a hereditary feature. Potassium cyanide has been characterized as having an acidic, bitter taste and a burning feeling like lye. Potassium cyanide poisoning could be through, ingestion, inhalation, eye contact, or skin contact.