Management of gastric ulcers and as pre-anesthesia medication
Adult : By mouth
- Gastric and duodenal ulcers; Stomach ulcers 10 mg twice a day.
- Gastric mucosal lesions 10 mg once a day.
- Pre-anesthesia medication 10 mg taken the night before surgery, followed by 10 mg 2 hrs before induction of anesthesia on the day of surgery.
- Should not be used in patients with the following conditions:
- Caution for use in patients with Hepatic and renal impairment and the elderly
- If you are planning to be pregnant or think you may be pregnant, discuss the risks and benefits of use with your doctor.
- Before breast-feeding, consult your physician.
- Constipation, hyperuricaemia, increase in LFT and total bilirubin, gynaecomastia, anorexia, hallucinations, Anaphylactic reactions, blood dyscrasias (e.g. agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia).