- Allergic reaction to this medication
- Increased risk of serious infections
- Patients with any active or chronic infection arthritis, or a weak immune system (caused by disease or by using certain medicines)
- You should be current on all immunizations before you start using efalizumab
- Increased risk of developing certain types of cancer
- Used only when clearly needed during pregnancy
- Consult your doctor before breast feeding
Consult your doctor regarding the precautions mentioned above.
Dexamethasone, belatecept or bexxar may interact with this drug.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking other products that cause drowsiness including;
- antihistamines (such as cetirizine, diphenhydramine)
- drugs for sleep or anxiety (such as alprazolam, diazepam, zolpidem)
- muscle relaxants
- narcotic pain relievers (such as codeine)
Check the labels on all your medicines (such as allergy or cough-and-cold products) because they may contain ingredients that cause drowsiness. Ask your pharmacist about using those products safely.