- For treatment of acute bronchitis, chronic bronchitis & its exacerbations.
- Also used for respiratory disorders characterised by abnormal bronchial secretions & impaired mucus transport.
May be taken with or without food.
Hepatic cirrhosis & cystathionine-synthetase enzyme deficiency. Phenylketonuria (suspension only).
- Room temperature
- Do not expose to light and moisture
- Do not store in the bathroom
- Keep all medications away from pets and children
- Reconstituted suspension is stable for 1 week (7 days) at temperatures <30°C (room temperature) and 2 weeks (14 days) at 2-8°C temperature (refrigerated).
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Pharmacokinetics: Peak plasma levels are reached after 30-60 min. Ectrin has subsequent complete metabolism in similar metabolites.
- Capsule: 1 capsule taken by mout 2 to 3 times a day
- Suspension (Adult & children):
- >30 kg 10 mL twice a day
- 20-30 kg 5 mL three times a day
- 15-19 kg 5 mL twice a day