Notify your doctor or pharmacist promptly if any of these effects persist or worsen:
- loss of appetite
- loss of taste
Temporary hair loss may occur. Normal hair growth should return after treatment has ended.
Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, including:
- pain/burning/redness at the injection site
- numbness/tingling/coldness/blue discoloration of the hands or feet
- pain/redness/swelling of arms or legs
- loss of reflexes
- loss of balance
- trouble walking
- muscle cramps/spasms/weakness
- neck or back pain
- mouth or tongue sores
- joint pain
- swollen legs or feet
- mental/mood changes
- fast/irregular heartbeat
- blood in urine
- vomit that looks like coffee grounds
- black or bloody stools
- painful or difficult urination
- lower back or side pain
- vision changes (e.g., blurred vision, seeing colors differently)
Rarely, temporary vision loss may occur with cisplatin use. Normal vision usually returns after the end of treatment.
Get medical help right away if you have any very serious side effects, including:
- chest pain
- jaw or left arm pain
- slurred speech
- weakness on one side of the body
This medication can lower your body’s ability to fight an infection.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare.
This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.