COMMON BRAND NAME: Calamine Lotion
GENERIC NAME: CALAMINE AND ZINC OXIDE
Description: mild astringent and antipruritic actions.
- Relief of pain, itching, and discomfort from minor skin irritations such as poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac.
- Also helps to dry oozing and weeping caused by irritation.
How to use calamine topical
- For skin use only. Follow all directions on the product package, or use as directed by your doctor. Shake the bottle well before using. Apply the medication with a cotton pad, and allow the medication to dry on the skin. If you are uncertain about any of the information, consult your doctor.
- Avoid getting this medication in the eyes, mouth, nose, and genital/anal areas. If you do get the medication in those areas, flush with plenty of water.
- Tell your doctor if your condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days.
Minor side effects (if these symptoms persist or worsen, inform your doctor)
- skin irritation
Serious side effects (inform your doctor immediately)
- Allergic reaction symptoms: ash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
- Inform your doctor.
- Allergy to the medication or any allergies.
- Medical History.
- Should only be used when there is a clear need during pregnancy as it may harm an unborn baby. If you are planning to be pregnant or think you may be pregnant, discuss the risks and benefits of use with your doctor.
- Consult your doctor before breast-feeding as this medication passes into breast milk and although adverse effects are unlikely.
- Ask a doctor before using calamine lotion on CHILDREN younger than 6 months of age.
Taking multiple drugs may affect how medications work and/or cause unwanted side effects. List down all the medications you are taking and inform your physician and pharmacist. Do not take, discontinue, or alter any dose of medications without prior approval of your physician.
This medicine may be harmful if swallowed. If swallowing or overdose is suspected, contact a poison control center or emergency room right away.
Missed Dose: Not applicable.
- Refer to storage information printed on the package.
- Keep all drug products away from children and pets.
- Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so.
- Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed.