Before taking this drug, tell your doctor or pharmacist:
- If you are allergic to it or if you have any other allergies.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are to undergo any surgical procedure.
- If you are taking herbal, prescription and non-prescription drugs.
- If you have certain medical conditions such as:
- Kidney Problems
- Liver Problems
- Eye Disease (such as Severe Dry Eyes, Keratitis)
This drug may cause dizziness, drowsiness or blurred vision. Avoid activities requiring alertness or clear vision such as driving until you are sure you can perform such activities safely. Limit the use of alcohol and certain other medications that cause drowsiness.
Drug interactions may either lessen the effectiveness of this drug or heighten the risk for severe side effects. It’s important to inform your doctor all the medication including prescription and non-prescription and herbal medicines you are taking or going to take.
Possible interactions with this drug are:
- Rifamycins (such as Rifabutin)
- John’s Wort
- Phenytoin, Phenobarbital or other drugs used to treat seizures