Weight gain is an expansion of body weight. This can include an expansion in muscle mass, fat stores, body fluids and other factors. Weight gain can be a side effect of a medical condition.
Four types of weight gain and what they tell you about your health:
- Adrenal Body Type – Located at the highest point of your kidneys, your adrenal glands are doing their roles in the “fight or flight” reaction. When your adrenal organs are overactive, they can cause imbalances in the body.
- Liver Body Type – A healthy working liver is more important for health and wellness. When it breaks down, it can result to a life-threatening illness.
- Thyroid Body Type– The thyroid organ controls how rapidly the body utilizes energy. It produces hormones that regulate digestion. An underactive thyroid causes your energy level to drop, so you may likewise feel always exhausted.
- Ovary Body Type– Issues with the ovaries might be a sign that you have a hormonal imbalances. PMS, early menstrual cycles or menopause, or missed menstrual cycles are red alerts. Ovary problems can cause hot flashes, night sweats and weight gain in the lower half of the body.
If you think that you may have an adrenal problem, check in with your doctor. There are numerous common approaches to decrease feelings of anxiety and to lower cortisol levels. Yoga can help control symptoms.
Symptoms of adrenal gland disorders may include the following:
- Upper body weight gain
- Round face and neck
- Thinning arms and legs
- High blood pressure
- Bones and muscle weakness
- High glucose levels
- Moodiness or depression
Symptoms of an underactive thyroid include:
If you have signs and symptoms, your doctor will need to know the following:
- Your signs as well as your symptoms
- Your medical history as well as your family medical history
- How much weight you have gained and for how long
Likewise, your doctor will conduct a physical examination and will review your medical history also.
Bupropion/Naltrexone – A kind of medication that was found to lessen weight in individuals taking it. It is a combination drug that fight depression and helps reduce cravings for food.
Glucagon and GLP-1 Peptide– This is a mixture of two medications to target two body systems. One focuses on the body’s digestion, speeding it up, while alternate suppresses the craving.
Orlistat– It works by diminishing the amount of fat that the digestion tracts will retain.
Bariatric Surgery– This is a medical procedure that is used in patients who are essentially overweight, especially if the individual has medical issues like type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea.
Liposuction – This treatment targets fat areas and expels some fat.