Relief of cough associated w/ excessive & tenacious sputum or phlegm as in acute & chronic bronchitis, COPD, otitis media w/ effusion & glue ear.
- All doses to be taken 8 hourly (except for infant drops ie 6 hourly)
- Adult & children >12 yr 1 cap. Forte
- Adult & children >12 yr 5 mL. 100 mg/5 mL
- Pedia syrup
- Should be taken with food
- Children 8-12 yr 15 mL, 4-7 yr 10 mL, 2-3 yr 5 mL. 200 mg/5 mL
- Ped suspension Children 8-12 yr 7.5 mL, 4-7 yr 5 mL, 2-3 yr 2.6 mL
- Infant drops Infant 1-2 yr 1.5 mL.
- History of gastric or duodenal ulcer & GI bleeding
- If you are planning to be pregnant or think you may be pregnant, discuss the risks and benefits of use with your doctor.
- Before breast-feeding, consult your physician.
SIDE EFFECTS / ADVERSE REACTIONS
- gastric discomfort
- GI bleeding & skin rash
- mild hypoglycemia
- dry mouth
- atrial fibrillation