There are now better approaches to diagnose non-melanoma skin cancer and follow-ups after treatment. Coming up next are examinations through new imaging procedures that may enable specialists to analyze, plan treat and screen reactions to treatments for non-melanoma skin cancers.
Your doctor will conduct the following tests for further diagnosis:
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT)
- Reflectance con-focalmicroscopy (RCM)
Non melanoma skin cancer treatment relies upon the type of disease. Skin cancer treatment includes surgery to remove the diseased cells.
Specialists are searching for better approaches to enhance treatment for non-melanoma skin cancer. Here are some treatments for this condition:
- Laser treatment
- Laser-mediated photodynamic therapy (PDT)
- Brachy therapy
- Electronic brachy therapy
- Directed treatment and immunotherapy