- As adjunct treatment for long standing respiratory track disorders associated w/ excessive or viscous mucus as in chronic bronchitis, COPD & otitis media w/ effusions including glue ear.
- Should be taken with food.
- 1 capsule every 8 hr.
- Children 6-12 yr 10 mL (2 tsp) every 8 hr, 2-5 yr 5 mL (1 tsp) every 6 hrs.
- Infant 13-24 mth 1.2 mL every 6 hrs.
- Hypersensitivity. Active peptic ulcer.
- History of peptic ulcer & GI bleeding. Patients taking multiple antitussives w/ carbocisteine
- Children <1 yr.
- If you are planning to be pregnant or think you may be pregnant, discuss the risks and benefits of use with your doctor.
- Before breast-feeding, consult your physician.
- Nausea, diarrhea, gastric discomfort, GI bleeding, rash. (inform your doctor)
Taking multiple drugs may affect how medications work and/or cause unwanted side effects. List down all the medications you are taking and inform your physician and pharmacist. Do not take, discontinue, or alter any dose of medications without prior approval of your physician.
Products that may interact with this medication include precipitation w/ dilutions of syrup containing pholcodine and Antitussives.