Anaphylaxis is a severe allergic reaction. It can be fatal and occurs within seconds or minutes of exposure to something you’re allergic to, such as peanuts or bee stings.
During Anaphylaxis, your immune system releases a flood of chemicals that can cause you to go into shock — your blood pressure drops suddenly and your airways narrow, blocking breathing. Signs and symptoms of this may include a rapid, weak pulse, a skin rash, nausea and vomiting. certain foods, some medications, insect venom and latex may trigger this reaction.
In that case, a person under Anaphylaxis requires an injection of Epinephrine and must be sent to the emergency room immediately. It can be fatal if it is not treated right away.