You often read or hear about tips on how to lose weight, but you’re never sure if any of them actually work. Well, here are five weight loss tips that are scientifically-proven effective:
- Drink tea. Some studies have found that tea may enhance weight loss and help you fight “belly fat”. Six recommended teas for increasing weight loss and decreasing body fat are green tea, puerh tea, black tea, oolong tea, white tea, and herbal tea.
- Drink more water, avoid high-calorie sweetened and alcoholic beverages. Water has zero calories and can help decrease the hunger you feel before meals, as well as increase the sensation of fullness following a meal thereby promoting weight loss, says healthline.com.
- Talk to your doctor about weight loss supplements. When combined with diet and exercise, weight loss supplements can help you lose weight and maintain weight loss. One of several currently available weight loss supplements is orlistat, which works by reducing the amount of fat your body absorbs from the food you eat.
- Eat breakfast every day. Skipping breakfast is an excellent way to reduce calories, right? Wrong! People who don’t eat breakfast usually end up eating more throughout the day. Studies show people who eat breakfast have lower body mass indices (BMI is a measure of body fat based on height and weight) than those who skip breakfast, and they also perform better at school and work. Start your day with a bowl of oatmeal with fruit and low-fat milk.
- Include a protein at every meal and snacks. According to WebMd, having a lean or low-fat protein in each meal and snack will help keep you feeling full longer. This means you are less likely to overeat. Good protein sources include low-fat yogurt, small portion of nuts, peanut butter, eggs, beans, or lean meats.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/in-depth/weight-loss/art-20047752. Accessed 29 January 2020
https://www.webmd.com/diet/features/10-ways-to-lose-weight-without-dieting. Accessed 29 January 2020
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/18-ways-reduce-hunger-appetite#section11. Accessed 29 January 2020
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/whole-grains/art-20047826. Accessed 29 January 2020
https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm. Accessed 29 January 2020
Get your health, beauty and wellness product online! Shop now at Watsons. Click here to start shopping.